Saturday, May 2, 2009

Expired Credentials. Windows needs your current credentials to ensure network connectivity.

If you get the warning "Expired Credentials. Windows needs your current credentials to ensure network connectivity. Please lock this computer then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card." after logging to your computer .

Follow these steps below,

1) Check if your computer system time is matched +/- 5 minutes to your DC's time.
2)Try Use "net use * /d" command to delete all mapping drives. Then use "net use \\servername password /u:domainname\username" to cache the credentials. Relogon
3)Check the link
http://searchwindowsserver.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1022111,00.html

2 comments:

  1. The following applies for Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (as tested; possibly others, but don't know):

    I found a solution--at least in our scenario. Background: we are not using a VPN, nor are we using SmartCards; however, recently, I started getting this balloon popup from the system tray with the following message:

    "Windows needs your current credentials. Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smartcard."

    Searching around the web, I found a forum posting about the user account setting "Use Kerberos DES encryption types for this account" and how it can cause this error popup under certain circumstances. When I saw that, I knew it was probably the source of my problem, since I had recently enabled that option on my account (trying to be clever and not really knowing for sure whether it was needed).

    Sure enough, I removed the Kerberos DES encryption types setting from my account and the balloon popup messages stopped.

    This setting is found in Active Directory Users and Computers (on a Domain Controller): look for the user account affected in the Users folder, select the user account, Right-click, then select Properties; look on the properties Account tab under "Account options:" in the list box. Scroll down and Clear the checkbox for the option "Use Kerberos DES encryption types for this account" and click OK. Then logoff, and logon again.

    It fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! In the end I got a weblog from where I know how to actually take valuable data concerning
    my study and knowledge.

    Here is my webpage ... over range microwave reviews 2013

    ReplyDelete

 
span.fullpost {display:inline;}